Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Welcome to 2013

   This is the year I attempt to watch more classic films, more new to me films, and more films in the cinema. Just like every other year. I'm also going to get my license, and look for a steadier job in the media sector to supplement the corporate videos. I'm already kinda wishing that I was going to be studying again, but I'll save that for 2014 at least!

   2013 has already started on a bright note for me. I had a great day today, not the least of which was waking up to this post from Anna at Defiant Success. She has passed on the Versatile Blogger award to me and several others, which means a lot coming from such a dedicated writer as her.


   The rules:

  • Display the award certificate on your website
  • Announce your win with a post and inclue a link to whoever sent you the award
  • Present fifteen awards to deserving bloggers
  • Create a post linking to them and drop them a comment to tip them off
  • Post seven interesting facts about yourself
   Facts again? Uh oh, I think I'm running out of things to say!

  1. We own three cats: Yoda, Tosca, and Indi. Only Indi is technically classed as 'mine'. 
  2. I have recently graduated university with a Bachelor of Communications (Media).
  3. I like sound recording, and the bulk of film I've done has been that. I wouldn't say no to a first A.D job or something along the lines of production management either, though. 
  4. I volunteer at RMITV, who produce shows for Channel 31, a community television network in Melbourne. The last show I did was Live on Bowen (yes, we went live live!)
  5. I do enjoy a bit of anime from time to time. Lately, I've been watching Blue Gender, K-on, and Another.
  6. The first book about film making I ever bought was a book about the making of The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I still have it. 
  7. I've only been out of Australia once, to Fiji when I was sixteen. I'm hoping to save to go to Japan sometime this year (if I can convince my best friend to go with me!)
Another

And the fellow bloggers - I don't think I'll get to fifteen but I'll give this to those I think deserve (you'll probably get this twice if you've already gotten this from Anna, everyone!)

Nikhat at Being Norma Jean
Diana at Aziza's Picks

   That's it from me for today. I'm off to watch my first film of 2013 (I haven't chosen from my pile of DVDs yet) and to have a good long sleep. Have a great year everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Ruth, I will get on it soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Ruth! I'm going to try and make a post soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!! Hope you'll find the right movie to start the year (mine was Kubrick's Lolita).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ruth! Just did my post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank Ruth !! You know, most probably I will actually do a post this time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's have some discussion...